Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Policy Statement
Safe365 is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for all workers (including contractors and volunteers) and clients, visitors and members of the public.
Hazards and risks to health, safety & well-being will be eliminated or minimised, as far as is reasonably practicable. In doing so, Safe365 Limited is committed to the continual improvement of not only our Occupational Health and Safety system but our Integrated Management System (IMS) as a whole which includes OHS, Environmental Sustainability, Quality Management and Information Security Management.
UNDERSTANDING OUR ROLES AND PERFORMING THEM WELL
Leading and managing health and safety ultimately rests with the person in control of the business or undertaking (PCBU). This includes Safe365 Limited board directors and executive management. Each of these groups understands they each have individual due diligence obligations and are committed to ensuring these obligations are met on an ongoing basis.
Workers also have important responsibilities for health and safety in the workplace which includes the right to stop undertaking any activity where the worker feels they are unsafe physically or psychologically for any reason.
We are committed to complying with the New Zealand Health and Safety at Work Act (2015), the Health and Safety at Work Regulation (2016), all relevant codes of practice and other safety guidance material.
- Ensure the business complies with all legislation relating to health and safety
- Eliminate or minimise all workplace hazards and risks as far as is reasonably practicable
- Provide information, instruction and training to enable all workers to work safely
- Supervise workers to ensure work activities are performed safely
- Consult with and involve workers on matters relating to health, safety and wellbeing
- Provide appropriate safety equipment and personal protective equipment
- Provide suitable injury management and return to work programsWorkers will:
- Take reasonable care for their own health and safety
- Follow safe work procedures, instructions and rules
- Participate in safety training
- Report health and safety hazards and risks
- Report all injuries and incidents
- Use safety equipment and personal protective equipment as instructed
A SAFE WORK ENVIRONMENT
Our goal is to provide a safe and healthy work environment free from workplace injury and illness. This will only be achieved through the participation, co-operation and commitment of everyone in the workplace.
Policy Updated: 13 June 2022